Depression in children, teens, and young adults is much more than a phase. It’s a real condition that can interfere with daily life, lead to lack of motivation and even suicidal thoughts, and go on to affect a person throughout life. Depression is a very common mental health problem. Symptoms include:
Loss of motivation or interest in normal activities
- Feelings of sadness, emptiness or hopelessness
- Outbursts, defensiveness, irritability or frustration, even over small matters
- Sleep issues including insomnia or sleeping too much
- Tiredness and lack of energy, so even small tasks take extra effort
- Anxiety, agitation or restlessness
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt, fixating on past failures or self-blame
If you suspect depression you should consult your doctor.
Depression is often a result of anger turned inward. As a result depressed kids need parents to approach them in a different way. Pressure, frustration and negotiating to get them moving will back fire, often making depressed kids more negative about themselves.
Parents with depressed kids need a different approach, one that helps them hear themselves. Parents have seen remarkable changes in their relationship as a result of Revive Family’s Influential Parenting Class. They report an ability to come alongside their kid in a deeper way and help them open up, which is essential for long term depression recovery.
In our Influential Parenting class you’ll learn:
- Sources that contribute to you child’s negativity and anger with themselves.
- What the deeper underlying issues might be and how to help
- How to target their heart rather then the lack of performance
- Ways to restore the relationship
- A path to come alongside them and help replace negativity with positivity.
If you are ready for a new perspective on parenting that will result in more positive kids, stronger family relationships, and a joyful home life that helps everyone, we hope you’ll join the thousands of families who’ve taken our course and report wonderful results!
Wow! You and Influential Parenting are the bridge that I needed in our family and between me and my daughter.
Both will offer amazing results, that are fast and easily implemented.
Not ready to sign up?
To read more about depression in our FREE downloadable White Paper, “Helping Your Child Escape Depression”